loading...

Geneva Motor Show 2016

The Bugatti Chiron unsurprisingly drew huge crowds at Geneva. Bugatti's new Veyron replacement produces 1,479bhp, will cost £1.9m and will do 261mph

Another year, another 8 hours on the show floor at Geneva seeing the latest metal up close and personal. Although my feet were on fire following a packed day of tackling the stands (and crowds), I never tire of being immersed in all things automotive. Some of my highlights...
 
 Aston Martin DB11 - Another handsome effort from Aston Martin; the DB11 ushers in an all-new era for the Gaydon firm

Lamborghini Centenario - Created to celebrate the 100th birthday of company founder Ferruccio Lamborghini, the Centenario will be limited to just 40 units. The price? £1.64m...they've already been snapped up...
Volvo V90 - From a Lambo to a Volvo... I was very impressed with the smart design of Volvo's new load lugger. To me, it's more stylish, (and somehow accepting) both inside and out than the BMW 5-Series Touring or Audi A6 Avant. A decent premium offering
 
DS E-Tense - PSA want a bit of the premium pie and on DS's stand was their latest concept, the E-Tense. Powered by a high performance electric powertrain, it certainly looked the part. The sooner the all-new DS range arrives circa 2017/2018, the better
 
Bentley Bentayga - As I didn't manage Frankfurt last year, Geneva was the first time I caught the Bentayga in the flesh. With memories of the awkward Falcon concept from a few years ago, I was expecting to dislike Bentley's entry into the luxury SUV sector. In the end I was impressed. Suited the colour too
 
Jaguar F-Pace - Another British SUV I hadn't encountered before Geneva, (apart from the odd development mule on the roads around Coventry). I expect it'll sell like hot cakes...